Saturday 12 September 2009

Get a load of this beauty! My very good friend Rachel made it for me. It arrived in the post today I'm well chuffed with it.

Today's blog is dedicated to Helen from the quilting group I go to at Ostletwistle, she told me today that she checks my blog regularly and has noticed that I haven't blogged for a while so ta dah! This blog is especially 4 U!





Not only do I think that Ostletwistle is a fab name for a town but get a load of this, our quilting group is in the Immanuel Hall. I don't know about you but to me, the name conjours up the finest images of Lancashire.






This card arrived earlier this week its from Diana Hale in Auburn, California.








And here's another! This one is from Barbara Lockwood, Brookdale, California. It was from a swap I did with the theme of Mermaids.

I posted my cards out to people yesterday and I will post pictures of them here in a few days. I wanted to give people time to receive them before I show the world. I thought that if I posted them now it would be like giving people their presents before Christmas.



What do you think to this little number? I joined an Art Deco fabric postcard swap, so far I have made a freezer paper stencil, ironed it onto my black fabric and then rubbed a brown Markal paintstick over the top. When I've cut the card to size there won't be any space left top and bottom and only a small amount to each side. I'm stuck now, I don't know what to do as regards finishing it, so any suggestions are gratefully received. Ideas so far are; stitch a tall, Art Deco vertical line pattern up each side, put a little glitter on, overlay with a sheer fabric, do some quilting around the spaces within the design. If anyone has any preferences or new ideas please feel free to share them.
Well that's all for tonight folks, we have our grandson living with us at the moment (he's 15 months old and beautiful) but I know we'll be on the go by about 6.30 am so I'm off for an early night. Na night, sleep tight x

2 comments:

  1. Anthea. I am honoured!! Glad to see you are blogging again and love the postcards that are coming through, Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you were going to share my work on your blog - just you wait Mrs Venn, just you wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete