Saturday 31 October 2009

Hello, happy halloween! or is that a bit American for a British blog?
This week has been really frought, we have survived a dose of Chicken Pox, Leon got them and then just to really make sure we weren't slacking he got a secondary infection, bless him, he was in a right old pickle. Grandad and I were beginning to think we would never get a full nights sleep ever again :( anyway he slept for 11 hours last night and even though he had me up at 6.30 life is looking a little brighter today :)

What has kept me chipper this week is all the lovely cards I have received, starting with this one by Ruthie Bishop in Clarendon Texas, its from the 'fall' exchange I did.





Check this beauty out, its from Sally Burke in Illinois for the 'halloween' swap, isn't it spooky?












Then I got this lovely chocolate boxy one from Trudy Soura in New York (my first from the big apple) I don't know if she made the embroidered flowers herself but I bet the tucks took ages to do. What a super idea!








This card came from Sarah Ellis-Steinbomer from Sevenoaks in the UK. I wonder if they still have seven oaks... didn't one blow down in a gale? Anyway she's used bleach to discharge some of the colour. I liked it so much I asked her how she did it because I might use the idea for my City and Guilds theme which is outer space, it reminds me of space clouds.






Last but not least, Pam Crawford in Maine, USA sent this one, without a cover on and it got all the way here without being damaged, that is incredible.
Thank you ladies for the lovely cards.
I've been busy finishing my City and Guilds work from last year, I had the hard word from the teacher last lesson so am pulling my socks up a bit! I've finished 4 of my 5 projects now and as soon as I've done the last one I will post all the pictures for you to see.
Once I've done that I will be able to start working on this years stuff lol. I'm only 2 months behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk more next time bye bye x

2 comments:

  1. Fab cards there - I am glad to hear you are working on your City and Guilds work!!!! Am looking forward to seeing all your finished pieces xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are getting round to some C&G work - from another one who is 2 months behind! xx

    ReplyDelete