Saturday 5 February 2011

Today I have been to my quilt group at Oswaldtwistle. I am a good way through doing a random sampler quilt. This photo is of a Feathered Star... it was a pig to do! My first one was so far out on the seams that I have had to completely redo it from scratch. I started this one yesterday and have been so particular with the cutting and piecing it's untrue. Even so, once I had assembled the nine blocks putting them together was far from easy. The picture doesn't do the lime green and black justice but I was so excited about sharing this achievement with you I couldn't wait for natural light to do a better photo.

3 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that you have finally got it together - it nearly looks like the background is brown not black! Your random quilt is going to look amazing when it is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a difficult block with all those points but you've done a great job! I love the lime green and can't wait to see the finished quilt. How many blocks are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I am impressed.
    That particular star does not even get out the starting gate with me :)

    ReplyDelete